Veteran Scoring for the Northwest Region
This information has been provided by Linda Osburn,
Veterans scorekeeper for the Northwest Region.
To All Northwest Region Veteran Exhibitors and Other Interested Parties:
The Veteran's class is for pedigreed cats who are 7 years of age or older, on the date of the show. Cats may be intact, or altered, already titled or not.
CFA itself does not give Veterans awards, but a few of the 9 regions do honor the Veterans, including our region.
CFA does not keep the show results for Veterans, and some of the clubs do not keep the show results for Veterans. It is up to the exhibitor to submit a copy of the entered Veterans and all the finals for each show to the scorer. Without mentors or experienced exhibitors to pass this on, the specific information is difficult to get out to newer Veteran exhibitors.
Scoring for the Veterans is based on a percentage of points based on cats defeated in finals (First - 100%, 2nd - 95%; and so on down to 10th in 5% increments), with the top 100 rings counting. The current ranking, as well as scores for individual shows, will be posted here on the site.
Starting with the 5/1/2011 show season, the following guidelines will be in place regarding year-end awards for the Veteran class:
- There will be from zero to ten awards given out each season, with ten being the maximum.
- The minimum point total to earn an award is 50 points. If no cats reach the 50 point minimum, then no year-end awards will be given. If more than 10 cats earn 50 points, then the 10 highest scoring cats will receive year-end awards.
- The award is to be called the "Veteran Recognition Award".
You can see photos of our top Veterans winners in the "Award Winning Cats" section of the regional website.
Send a copy of the cats entered and the finals to:
Current Veterans ranking, for the 2016-2017 show season through March 18, 2017:
|1. GP, NW CasaDecano's Black Orpheus||Ebony Oriental Shorthair||214.55 (73)|
|2. GC, GP, NW Arrow's James Byron Dean||Blue Tabby Exotic||166.55 (54)|
|3. GP Caitria's TX Rose of Autumbreeze||Blue-Cream & White SH Manx||141.95 (50)|
|4. GC, BW, NW Parti Wai Hear Me Roar||Red & White Persian||108.70 (32)|
|5. CH Arrow's Princess Leah||Copper-Eyed White Exotic||78.75 (28)|
|6. GC Arrow's Ruby Slippers||Red McTabby Exotic||52.80 (16)|
|7. GC Kittystone's Legally Blonde||Cream Tabby Exotic||35.95 (12)|
|8. GC, RW Tamarakatz Chance-Of-A Lifetime||Ruddy Somli||33.80 (9)|
|9. GC, GP, RW Tanglebox Periwinkle of Tamarakatz||Blue-Cream Persian||25.00 (12)|
|10. CH, GP Mia Ching's Rainy Day Dreams||Blue Lynx Point Balinese||23.40 (8)|
|11. GP, RW Abycoons Midnight Shadow||Ruddy Abyssinian||21.00 (6)|
|12. CH Lee-Roi's Oddly Enough of Arrow||Odd-Eyed White Exotic||20.70 (8)|
Scoreboard for 2016-17 season shows:
- North Pacific Siamese Fanciers, May 14, 2016
- Northwest Regional Awards Show, June 25, 2016
- Sunkat Feline Fanciers, July 16-17, 2016
- Seattle Cat Club, September 24, 2016
- Emerald Cat Club, October 15-16, 2016
- Utah Cat Fanciers, November 12-13, 2016
- Lewis & Clark Cat Club, December 3-4, 2016
- Responsible Cat Fanciers, January 7, 2017
- Rip City, February 4, 2017
- Fort Vancouver Cat Fanciers, February 26, 2017
- Regional Fundraiser, March 11, 2017
- Idaho Cat Fanciers, March 18-19, 2017