Veteran Scoring for the Northwest Region
This information has been provided by Linda Osburn,
Veterans scorekeeper for the Northwest Region.
To All Northwest Region Veteran Exhibitors and Other Interested Parties:
The Veteran's class is for pedigreed cats who are 7 years of age or older, on the date of the show. Cats may be intact, or altered, already titled or not.
CFA itself does not give Veterans awards, but a few of the 9 regions do honor the Veterans, including our region.
CFA does not keep the show results for Veterans, and some of the clubs do not keep the show results for Veterans. It is up to the exhibitor to submit a copy of the entered Veterans and all the finals for each show to the scorer. Without mentors or experienced exhibitors to pass this on, the specific information is difficult to get out to newer Veteran exhibitors.
Scoring for the Veterans is based on a percentage of points based on cats defeated in finals (First - 100%, 2nd - 95%; and so on down to 10th in 5% increments), with the top 100 rings counting. The current ranking, as well as scores for individual shows, will be posted here on the site.
Starting with the 5/1/2011 show season, the following guidelines will be in place regarding year-end awards for the Veteran class:
- There will be from zero to ten awards given out each season, with ten being the maximum.
- The minimum point total to earn an award is 50 points. If no cats reach the 50 point minimum, then no year-end awards will be given. If more than 10 cats earn 50 points, then the 10 highest scoring cats will receive year-end awards.
- The award is to be called the "Veteran Recognition Award".
You can see photos of our top Veterans winners in the "Award Winning Cats" section of the regional website.
Send a copy of the cats entered and the finals to:
Current Veterans ranking, for the 2015-2016 show season through April 23, 2016:
|1. GC, GP, RW Earlywinters Captain Lou||Red Tabby & White Persian||247.70 (90)|
|2. GC, GP, NW Arrow's James Byron Dean||Blue Tabby Exotic||156.40 (56)|
|3. CH, GP, RW Tamarakatz Flying Solo||Red Somali||98.40 (30)|
|4. GC, GP, BW, RW, AC Kiriki Somewhere In Thai'm||Korat||83.85 (24)|
|5. CH, GP Castlkatz Ghost Rider||Cream Spotted Tabby British Shorthair||70.65 (26)|
|6. GC, RW Arrow's Stevie Wonder||Brown Tabby Exotic||69.45 (28)|
|7. GP, RW Luin's Sigismond Took||Lilac Point Siamese||60.60 (22)|
|8. GP, RW Phyxius Kerkyra||Blue-Cream Persian||41.30 (14)|
|9. CH, GP Mia Ching's Rainy Day Dreams||Blue Lynx Point Balinese||27.80 (8)|
|10. CH Lee-Roi's Oddly Enough of Arrow||Odd-Eyed White Exotic||27.05 (14)|
|11. Forestcatz Basia of Lostwoods||Brown Patched McTabby & White Norwegian Forest Cat||25.80 (8)|
|12. GC Timberpaws Champagne Fizz||Cream Tabby & White Scottish Fold||14.95 (6)|
|13. GP, RW Low Country Straight Tequila Night||Tawny Spotted Ocicat||13.85 (6)|
Scoreboard for 2015-16 season shows:
- North Pacific Siamese Fanciers, May 9, 2015
- Southwest Regional Awards Show, June 13, 2015
- Sunkat Feline Fanciers, July 18-19, 2015
- Poppy State, August 8, 2015
- Santa Monica Cat Club, August 22-23, 2015
- Seattle Cat Club, September 26, 2015
- Golden West Cat Club, October 3, 2015
- Golden West Cat Club, October 4, 2015
- Emerald Cat Club, October 17-18, 2015
- Utah Cat Fanciers, November 14-15, 2015
- Lewis & Clark Cat Club, December 5-6, 2015
- Responsible Cat Fanciers, January 2, 2016
- McKenzie River, March 12-13, 2016
- Idaho Cat Fanciers, March 19-20, 2016
- Puget Sound Cat Club, April 9, 2016
- Las Vegas Cat Club, April 23-24, 2016