Veteran Scoring for the Northwest Region
This information has been provided by Linda Osburn,
Veterans scorekeeper for the Northwest Region.
To All Northwest Region Veteran Exhibitors and Other Interested Parties:
The Veteran's class is for pedigreed cats who are 7 years of age or older, on the date of the show. Cats may be intact, or altered, already titled or not.
CFA itself does not give Veterans awards, but a few of the 9 regions do honor the Veterans, including our region.
CFA does not keep the show results for Veterans, and some of the clubs do not keep the show results for Veterans. It is up to the exhibitor to submit a copy of the entered Veterans and all the finals for each show to the scorer. Without mentors or experienced exhibitors to pass this on, the specific information is difficult to get out to newer Veteran exhibitors.
Scoring for the Veterans is based on a percentage of points based on cats defeated in finals (First - 100%, 2nd - 95%; and so on down to 10th in 5% increments), with the top 100 rings counting. The current ranking, as well as scores for individual shows, will be posted here on the site.
Starting with the 5/1/2011 show season, the following guidelines will be in place regarding year-end awards for the Veteran class:
- There will be from zero to ten awards given out each season, with ten being the maximum.
- The minimum point total to earn an award is 50 points. If no cats reach the 50 point minimum, then no year-end awards will be given. If more than 10 cats earn 50 points, then the 10 highest scoring cats will receive year-end awards.
- The award is to be called the "Veteran Recognition Award".
You can see photos of our top Veterans winners in the "Award Winning Cats" section of the regional website.
Send a copy of the cats entered and the finals to:
Veterans ranking, through February 15, 2014 :
|1. GP, RW Phyxius Socrates||Blue Tabby Persian||371.15 (100)|
|2. GP, RW Abycoons Mr Bojangles||Brown McTabby/White Maine Coon||248.55 (78)|
|3. GC, GP, NW Arrow's James Byron Dean||Blue Tabby Exotic||152.70 (50)|
|4. GP, NW Fullmoon's Flasher||Blue Point Exotic||142.40 (38)|
|5. CH, GP Mia Ching's Rainy Day Dreams||Blue Lynx Point Balinese||131.10 (56)|
|6. GP, RW Hoofnpaws Kurbi||Blue/White Japanese Bobtail||110.45 (34)|
|7. GC, GP Arrow's Fiesta||Tortoiseshell Exotic||92.60 (32)|
|8. CH, GP, RW Castlkatz Xanadu Skye of Starbeam||Blue British Shorthair||83.55 (28)|
|9. CH, GP Tabbypatch Blue Boy Willie||Blue Tabby Maine Coon||77.45 (25)|
|10. GC, GP Latin Lover Pink Martini of Arrow||Blue/White Exotic||73.30 (22)|
|11. GP, RW Low Country Straight Tequila Night||Tawny Spotted Ocicat||62.85 (18)|
|12. GC Tamarakatz Sabrina||Red Somali||38.00 (10)|
|13. GC, BW, NW Kapalua Reignmaker, DM||Havana Brown||30.90 (6)|
|14. GP, RW Casadecano's Amalfi||Ebony Silver Spotted Tabby Oriental||29.70 (6)|
|15. GP, NW Casadecano's Black Orpheus||Ebony Oriental Shorthair||28.50 (6)|
|16. CH, GP Chloeadores Barbie Doll||Blue British Shorthair||26.80 (8)|
|17. CH Kat Attack Flashs-Of-Jade And Topaz||Chestnut Spotted Tabby Oriental||25.75 (6)|
|18. CH, GP Echohill Trinket||Chinchilla Silver Exotic||16.35 (6)|
|19. GC, GP, RW Pandorasbox Vespurr||Fawn Abyssinian||5.90 (6)|
|20. GP Arrow's Heather||Blue Patched Tabby Exotic||5.80 (6)|
Scoreboard for 2013-14 season shows:
- North Pacific Siamese Fanciers, May 11, 2013
- Northwest Regional Awards Show, June 1, 2013
- Sunkat Feline Fanciers, July 20-21, 2013
- Poppy State Cat Club, August 10, 2013
- Pacific Rim Cat Fanciers, August 18, 2013
- Golden Gate Cat Club, August 31, 2013
- Oregon Cats, September 7-8, 2013
- Hemet Feline Fanciers, September 14, 2013
- Opposites Attract Cat Club, September 21-22, 2013
- Seattle Cat Club, September 28, 2013
- Golden West Cat Club, October 5, 2013
- Victor Valley Cat Club, October 6, 2013
- Steinbeck Country Cat Club, October 19, 2013
- Golden Gate Cat Club, November 2, 2013
- Emerald Cat Club, November 3, 2013
- Utah Cat Fanciers, November 9-10, 2013
- Poinsettia City Cat Club, November 16, 2013
- Lewis and Clark, December 7-8, 2013
- Phoenix Feline Fanciers, December 14-15, 2013
- Catalina Cats Club, December 28-29, 2013
- Responsible Cat Fanciers, January 4, 2014
- Poppy State Cat Club, January 18, 2014
- San Diego Cat Fanciers, January 25-26, 2014
- Call of the Wild Cat Fanciers, February 8-9, 2014
- Emerald Cat Club, February 15-16, 2014