Veteran Scoring for the Northwest Region
This information has been provided by Linda Osburn,
Veterans scorekeeper for the Northwest Region.
To All Northwest Region Veteran Exhibitors and Other Interested Parties:
The Veteran's class is for pedigreed cats who are 7 years of age or older, on the date of the show. Cats may be intact, or altered, already titled or not.
CFA itself does not give Veterans awards, but a few of the 9 regions do honor the Veterans, including our region.
CFA does not keep the show results for Veterans, and some of the clubs do not keep the show results for Veterans. It is up to the exhibitor to submit a copy of the entered Veterans and all the finals for each show to the scorer. Without mentors or experienced exhibitors to pass this on, the specific information is difficult to get out to newer Veteran exhibitors.
Scoring for the Veterans is based on a percentage of points based on cats defeated in finals (First - 100%, 2nd - 95%; and so on down to 10th in 5% increments), with the top 100 rings counting. The current ranking, as well as scores for individual shows, will be posted here on the site.
Starting with the 5/1/2011 show season, the following guidelines will be in place regarding year-end awards for the Veteran class:
- There will be from zero to ten awards given out each season, with ten being the maximum.
- The minimum point total to earn an award is 50 points. If no cats reach the 50 point minimum, then no year-end awards will be given. If more than 10 cats earn 50 points, then the 10 highest scoring cats will receive year-end awards.
- The award is to be called the "Veteran Recognition Award".
You can see photos of our top Veterans winners in the "Award Winning Cats" section of the regional website.
Send a copy of the cats entered and the finals to:
Final Veterans ranking, through April 27, 2013 :
|1. CH, GP, RW Castlkatz Xanadue Skye of Starbeam||Blue British Shorthair||273.00 (70)|
|2. GC, GP, RW Ashlin Zots Seattle Jack||Blue Silver Tabby Exotic||261.35 (70)|
|3. CH, GP, RW Char-O's Tapestry Charm of Cummere||Tortoiseshell Persian||189.90 (54)|
|4. CH, GP Tabbypatch Blue Boy Willie||Blue McTabby Maine Coon||158.30 (44)|
|5. GC, GP Latin Lover Pink Martini of Arrow||Blue & White Exotic||137.10 (58)|
|6. GC, GP, NW Arrow's James Byron Dean||Blue McTabby Exotic||136.80 (42)|
|7. CH, GP, RW Kiriki Ma-Ga-Zu||Korat||119.00 (22)|
|8. GC, BW, NW Kapalua Reignmaker, DM||Havana Brown||113.00 (24)|
|9. GC Fullmoon's Topless Dancer||Blue Point Exotic||112.60 (24)|
|10. CH Kat-Knapurr Kya-Knite of Lynsgems||Blue Persian||89.80 (24)|
|11. CH, GP Fullmoon's Thunderbolt||Cream Point Exotic||65.00 (14)|
|12. GC, PR Kurisumasu Obake of Arrow||Black/White SH Japanese Bobtail||52.45 (18)|
|13. GP Earlywinters Sweet Molly McGuire||Black Persian||50.60 (18)|
|14. Tynwald Abigale of Znotailz||Manx||45.60 (8)|
|15. GC Dilettante Scout of Jobara, DM||Brown McTabby Devon Rex||28.65 (10)|
|16. Abycoons Midnight Shadow||Ruddy Abyssinian||28.60 (8)|
|17. Janvier's Robert Joubert||Chartreux||28.00 (8)|
|18. GP Sun Chaser Twister 2112 of Starbeam||Sable Burmese||26.85 (10)|
|19. Winteridge Black Forest||Black Norwegian Forest Cat||25.00 (8)|
|20. GC, GP, BW, NW Kiriki Thai'm Will Tell||Korat||23.00 (6)|
|21. GC, GP, RW Pandorasbox Vespurr||Fawn Abyssinian||21.20 (6)|
|22. CH, GP Pandorasbox Beetle Zeus||Blue Abyssinian||20.80 (6)|
|23. CH, PR Buenaventura Shaconage of Kiriki||Korat||15.60 (6)|
|24. GP Purfur's Purr Softly of Gentlegift||Havana Brown||15.20 (8)|
|25. Grandbois August||Chartreux||13.20 (8)|
|26. GC Tamarakatz Sabrina||Red Somali||11.70 (6)|
|27. GP, RW Abycoons Mr. Bojangles||Brown Tabby & White Maine Coon||5.95 (6)|
Scoreboard for 2012-13 season shows:
- North Pacific Siamese Fanciers, May 12, 2012
- High Sierra Cat Club/Utah Purebred Cat Fanciers, May 19-20, 2012
- Northwest Regional Awards Show, June 2, 2012
- Sunkat Feline Fanciers, July 21-22, 2012
- Poppy State Cat Club, August 11, 2012
- Pacific Rim Cat Fanciers, August 19, 2012
- Seattle Cat Club, September 22-23, 2012
- Regional Fundraiser, October 13, 2012
- Utah Cat Fanciers, November 10-11, 2012
- Lewis and Clark, December 1-2, 2012
- Responsible Cat Fanciers, January 5, 2013
- Poppy State Cat Club, January 19, 2013
- Oregon Cats, February 2, 2013
- Pacific Rim Cat Fanciers, February 24, 2013
- McKenzie River, March 9-10, 2013
- Idaho Cat Fanciers, March 16-17, 2013
- Crow Canyon Cat Club, April 6-7, 2013
- Puget Sound Cat Club, April 13, 2013
- Rip City/West Coast Cats, April 27-28, 2013